The art of making speak... Polymers
With its extensive experience in polymers analysis and characterisation and its wide range of analytical equipment, the FILAB laboratory is able to assist you in your various needs related to the characterisation of polymeric and composite materials.
The art of making speak your polymers… with the purpose of turning your results into real decision material.
A multi-sectoral approach...
Chemical composition analysis
Realize a chemical composition analyses of your polymers allows you to :
- Learn its precise composition : nature, additives, mineral fillers, plasticisers, solvents, etc.
- Characterise its structure
- Search risky chemical substances : bisphenol A, heavy metals, nitrosamines…
- Validate its compliance regarding a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- and more…
To meet all theses needs, the FILAB laboratory uses various techniques:
FTIR SEM-EDS, DSC, NMR, TGA and TGA-FTIR, SEC, Pyrolis-GC/MS, LC-QTOF/MS, IC, ICP/MS…
Physical and thermal characterisation
Understanding polymer’s physical and thermal properties allows a better understanding of their behaviour in their application environment. You will be able to:
- Study the thermal properties: cross-linking rate, merging temperature, polymerisation rate
- Characterise polymer’s surface
- Analyse polymer’s morphology
- Study the conformity of a coating
To meet all these needs, the FILAB laboratory uses various polymer characterisation techniques:
DSC, TGA, TGA-FTIR, SEM, Py-GCMS…
Depending on the problems met, these physico-chemical analyses will help to understand the origin of a defect or failure, and to put in place sustainable corrective solutions.
The FILAB laboratory can help you to :
- Characterise a surface defect or an adhesion problem
Analyse a break or a crack
- Identify surface pollution
- Study a degradation
- Understand a non-compatibility with an environment
FILAB offers high end support, which can also include on-site technical audits.
During the development of a product, various compatibility studies between a polymer and a fluid can be carried out, such as :
- Polymer medical device biocompatibility studies according to ISO 10993-18
- Extractables and leachables analysis
- Container and content physico-chemical characterisation